Have you ever wondered how to get your ignition out of the dash, or just wanted to change the tumbler assembly?
1. Don't try to unscrew the bezel without removing the key tumbler first.
2. First turn the key to the left until it stops. Carefully slip a thin pointed object ( paper clip, ridgid wire, etc. ) thru the small hole in the face of the ignition. You should feel a spring loaded pin, Push it in 1/8 to 3/16's of an inch. Note: The key must be turned completly counterclockwise.
3. While holding the pin in, turn the key further to the left and wiggle the tumbler assembly until it slides out of the unit.
4. Once the tumbler is all the way out, now using the proper 3 bladed tool, unscrew the chromed retainer bezel.
5. This view shows the spring loaded brass pin.
6. This view shows the rear of the unit and the tumbler assembly.
7. To re-install, oil lightly, then align the slots so the tumbler slides in easily. Once it seats completly, turn the key to the right. That's it!
If you have a good tip, share it with all of us. It will be appreciated.